- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 tablespoons butter (at room temperature)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- rose petals (Frosted, to decorate, optional)
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar (sifted)
- 2 teaspoons rosewater
- food color (Pink)
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line 14 cups of a muffin pan with paper liners. Mix flour, baking powder and baking soda in a medium bowl.
- Beat butter and sugar in a large bowl with electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add egg and egg whites, one at a time, beating well each addition. Fold in flour mixture alternately with yogurt. Spoon into muffin cups.
- Bake for 15-20 mins, until well risen, golden and a toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Cool in pan 5 mins. Remove from pan; cool completely on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, for the rose icing, combine powdered sugar, rosewater, a few drops of food color and 1 tbsp hot water. Stir until smooth and shiny. Frost cupcakes and decorate with frosted rose petals, if desired.
- For the frosted rose petals, whisk an egg white until foamy and brush onto rose petals (make sure they are unsprayed and safe to eat). Place petals on paper towel and dust with granulated sugar. Set aside to dry in the sun, if possible. Store in an airtight container.
|Calories220Calories from Fat35|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat35|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.