When you’re in the mood for something that’s super-sweet, this dessert will do the trick. They will remind you of orange rolls, only loaded with sugar and candy. They do take a bit of work, like grating the orange peel and heating milk. Serve them w…
rm and sprinkled with sugar, nuts, or nuggets.
- 120 grams confectioner's sugar
- 1 orange
- 70 grams whole milk
- 10 grams yeast
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 130 grams bread flour
- 60 grams whole milk
- 70 grams butter (at room temperature)
- 2 eggs
- 20 grams yeast
- 25 grams orange flower water
- 450 grams bread flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 120 grams sugar (orange)
- 1 egg (beaten)
- candied fruit
- 3 drops water (until slightly moist)
- 50 grams sliced almonds
- 1 liter whipping cream
- 150 grams sugar
- 2 teaspoons cocoa powder
- cream (stabilizer)
- Grate the orange peel into the sugar and set aside.
- Heat the milk and add the yeast. Mix with the sugar, yeast, and flour and form into a ball.
- Place the dough into a bowl with lukewarm water. When it floats, it is ready to use, after approximately 10 minutes.
- For the second dough, heat the milk and add the yeast. Sift the flour, make a well, and add the milk mixture, eggs, sugar, butter, salt, orange blossom water, orange sugar, and the first dough.
- Mix together with quick movements until fully incorporated. Oil the hands, place the dough onto a surface, and knead until the dough is elastic and smooth. Form into a ball, cover with a clean cloth, and set aside until doubled in volume, for at least 5 hours.
- Divide the dough into two equal sections. Knead slightly and form into a ring. Place onto baking sheets covered with parchment paper and set aside until doubled in volume, approximately 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 180 Celsius. Brush the dough with the egg and decorate with the moistened sugar, candied fruit, and almonds. Place into the oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- Whip the cream with the sugar and the stabilizer. Divide into two parts and mix the cocoa powder into one of them.
- Carefully cut the rings in half horizontally and fill with the cream and cocoa cream.
|Calories1680Calories from Fat680|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat680|
|% DAILY VALUE|