Root Vegetable Tart TatineKitchenAid
- 2 yukon gold potatoes (small, peeled)
- 1 parsnips (medium, peeled and cut into 4 inch lengths)
- 2 medium carrot (peeled and cut into 4 inch lengths)
- 1 red onion (small, outer peel remove)
- 3 cloves garlic (peeled and thinly sliced)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley (chopped)
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- 8 ounces frozen puff pastry sheets (thawed)
- 1Attach Fresh Prep Slicer/Shredder Attachment to KitchenAid® Stand Mixer, and attach slicing
- 2blade. Position large bowl under attachment to catch sliced ingredients. Stack potatoes, end to
- 3end in feed tube. Turn stand mixer to speed 6 and process until potatoes are sliced. Repeat
- 4process with parsnips and carrots. Cut onion to fit into feed tube and process until sliced. Add
- 5garlic, olive oil, sea salt and pepper into bowl with sliced vegetables. Toss to coat. Divide
- 6vegetables between 2 baking sheets and roast until tender and beginning to crisp, 20-25
- 7minutes. Remove from oven.
- 8Combine water and sugar in small saucepan. Cook over medium heat, swirling often until amber
- 9in color, about 7 minutes. Pour caramel evenly into 9 x 13 pan. Sprinkle with white wine vinegar,
- 10thyme and parsley.
- 11Arrange roasted vegetables on top of caramel and sprinkle evenly with goat cheese.
- 12Roll puff pastry out on floured surface into a 9 x 13 rectangle. Pierce pastry with a fork and lay it
- 13over the vegetables. Tuck corners in if necessary.
- 14Bake 15-20 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 and continue baking 15-20 minutes until puffed and lightly browned. Remove from oven and let stand 10 minutes. Carefully, flip pan upside down to remove tart onto cutting board. Cut into squares and serve immediately.
PER SERVING *
|Calories100Calories from Fat50|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat50|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.