This sweet glaze will please the kid in all of us. A bit different twist from a cola glaze. Use on the Basic Boneless Ham or the Spiral-Sliced Ham recipe.
- 1 cup root beer (room temperature)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- In medium saucepan, whisk together ingredients. Bring to boil; reduce heat to medium. Cook, uncovered until mixture reduces in half (about 15 to 20 minutes), stirring occasionally. Brush half of mixture on ham prior to baking. Brush remaining sauce over ham just as it comes out of the oven.
- Makes about 1 1/3 cups glaze.
- For a lighter flavor, offer glaze in a side dish at the dinner table for guests to flavor to their taste.