Rooibos and Strawberry TiramisuHoje para Jantar
- 1 package gelatin
- 300 grams strawberries (700 ml water)
- 4 eggs
- 100 grams sugar
- 4 gelatin sheet
- 1/2 lemon (juiced)
- 1 package mascarpone
- champagne cookies
- 1 teaspoon rooibos
- 250 milliliters water
- 1 teaspoon brandy (or rum)
- cocoa (for dusting)
- 1For the cream, separate egg yolks from egg whites. Beat egg yolks with sugar to a soft, whitish cream.
- 2Soak gelatin sheets in a bowl of cold water for a few minutes.
- 3Whisk egg whites until stiff, adding a pinch of salt and 2 drops of lemon juice.
- 4Fold egg whites into the egg yolk cream and mix gently, without whisking.
- 5Drain gelatin sheets and heat in the microwave until dissolved.
- 6Let melted gelatin cool down slightly and drizzle on top of the cream.
- 8For the rooibos, pour boiling water over rooibos tea and let steep for 5 minutes.
- 9Strain tea and add brandy.
- 10On the bottom of each glass serving dish, spread a layer of the cream.
- 11Dunk the ladyfingers in hot tea and arrange a layer on top of the cream.
- 12Add another layer of cream on top of the ladyfingers.
- 13Refrigerate until well-chilled.
- 14For the gelatin, heat water in a kettle and bring to a boil.
- 15Place strawberries in a food processor until pureed.
- 16Add gelatin and blend some more.
- 17Add hot water carefully and blend again to mix well.
- 18Refrigerate until well-chilled and then pour a layer on top of cream.
- 19Finish with a final layer of cream.
- 20To serve, sprinkle with cocoa powder.