- 1 package gelatin
- 300 grams strawberries (700 ml water)
- 4 eggs
- 100 grams sugar
- 4 gelatin sheets
- 1/2 lemon (juiced)
- 1 package mascarpone cheese
- champagne biscuits
- 1 teaspoon rooibos
- 250 milliliters water
- 1 teaspoon brandy (or rum)
- cocoa (for dusting)
- For the cream, separate egg yolks from egg whites. Beat egg yolks with sugar to a soft, whitish cream.
- Soak gelatin sheets in a bowl of cold water for a few minutes.
- Whisk egg whites until stiff, adding a pinch of salt and 2 drops of lemon juice.
- Fold egg whites into the egg yolk cream and mix gently, without whisking.
- Drain gelatin sheets and heat in the microwave until dissolved.
- Let melted gelatin cool down slightly and drizzle on top of the cream.
- For the rooibos, pour boiling water over rooibos tea and let steep for 5 minutes.
- Strain tea and add brandy.
- On the bottom of each glass serving dish, spread a layer of the cream.
- Dunk the ladyfingers in hot tea and arrange a layer on top of the cream.
- Add another layer of cream on top of the ladyfingers.
- Refrigerate until well-chilled.
- For the gelatin, heat water in a kettle and bring to a boil.
- Place strawberries in a food processor until pureed.
- Add gelatin and blend some more.
- Add hot water carefully and blend again to mix well.
- Refrigerate until well-chilled and then pour a layer on top of cream.
- Finish with a final layer of cream.
- To serve, sprinkle with cocoa powder.