Tired of the typical Cheese Pizza? You might want to break away from the same old routine with this Roman Style White Pizza (Bread Machine) recipe. The added ingredients gives this traditional recipe more nutrients needed for your body. Mix things up with this Roman Style White Pizza (Bread Machine) now. Let us know how it goes cooking this Roman Style White Pizza (Bread Machine) recipe in the comments below. You can also give this Roman Style White Pizza (Bread Machine) recipe a star rating!
- 400 grams flour (type ‘0’)
- 300 milliliters water
- 16 grams olive oil (2 level tbsp. or lard)
- 8 grams potato flakes (1 level tbsp.)
- 5 grams salt (1 level tsp.)
- 5 grams malt
- 8 grams yeast (brewer’s)
- coarse salt (crushed)
- extra-virgin olive oil
- Dissolve the yeast and the malt with 200 milliliters of water and let it rest for 10 minutes.
- Place the flour and the potato flakes in a large bowl and pour the water and yeast mixture in the bowl.
- Knead by hand, then add the remaining water slowly, the salt, and last, the oil or lard.
- Knead by hand briefly, just enough for all the ingredients to be incorporated.
- Place the dough in the bread machine and set the machine to the kneading function.
- Let the dough rise in the bread machine for approximately 1 hour and 45 minutes. The dough will triple in size.
- Place the dough on a well floured surface and knead the dough with floured or oiled hands.
- Cut the dough into two pieces.
- Roll out each piece of dough, grab each corner and bring it to the center, turn the dough over, so that the side with the folded corners is on the bottom on the work surface.
- Let the dough rest, covered with a damp kitchen cloth for approximately 15 to 20 minutes.
- Spread the dough out, using oiled hands, into 2 well-oiled baking sheets, approximately 25 x 30 centimeters in size.
- Sprinkle the dough with some crushed coarse salt and rosemary.
- Drizzle some extra virgin olive oil on the dough.
- Press the tips of your fingers into the dough leaving dents, but avoid breaking any bubbles in the dough.
- Let the dough rest in the baking sheets for approximately 20 minutes.
- In the meantime, turn the oven on to the highest temperature and ventilate, and bake until golden.
- Remove the baking sheets from the oven and cool.
PER SERVING *
|Calories470Calories from Fat90|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat90|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.