Here's a terrific way to get your daily dose of vegetables, all wrapped up in a tender, flaky, golden brown crust. Using puff pastry from the store means this delight can be ready in an hour (assuming you've had the foresight to thaw it ahead of time). Zucchini, carrot, mushrooms, and bacon (yes!) are sauteed together for the filling, and you can and should feel free to swap these out with your own favorite veggies (or whatever is in your crisper drawer).
- 1 zucchini (small, thinly sliced)
- 1 grated carrot
- 8 fresh mushrooms (sliced )
- 1 leek (thinly sliced )
- 1/2 piece bacon (chopped into small cubes)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 boiled eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 piece puff pastry (Pingo Doce)
- Wash all vegetables thoroughly and drain.
- In a frying pan, place a teaspoon of olive oil add the bacon and sauté.
- Add the garlic.
- When it starts to get golden, add the mushrooms.
- Leave it sautéing.
- Add all the remaining vegetables and season to taste (salt).
- Cook it for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, stretch the pastry so as to form a large square or rectangle.
- Allow the vegetables to cool down, and after they're cold, put them in the center and in the length of the puff pastry.
- Place the slices of boiled egg on top and close the puff pastry, "sticking it" with warm water.
- Brush with egg yolk beaten with milk.
- Set in a preheated oven at 350 F until the dough is ready.