Rolled Cake with Caramel Nuts and Chocolate Nougat PowderOn dine chez Nanou
Nothing like a Rolled Cake with Caramel Nuts and Chocolate Nougat Powder to brghten up your day. This Rolled Cake with Caramel Nuts and Chocolate Nougat Powder recipe also makes for a perfect childrens lunch. Prepare this Rolled Cake with Caramel Nuts and Chocolate Nougat Powder recipe the night before and pack in your kids lunchboxes. You will not be let down by this Rolled Cake with Caramel Nuts and Chocolate Nougat Powder recipe. Let us know your thoughts in the comments below or give this Two-cheese Bagel recipe a star rating so others can follow along!
- 4 eggs
- 75 grams caster sugar
- 75 grams flour
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground almonds
- 100 grams cream
- 70 grams sugar
- 30 grams butter
- 60 grams chocolate
- 100 grams chopped walnuts (or hazelnuts)
- orange marmalade
- cream (15 cl.)
- 150 grams dark chocolate
- 15 grams butter (soft)
- 50 grams caster sugar
- 40 grams hazelnuts (kernels)
- 1Preheat oven to 200C.
- 2Separate egg whites from yolks.
- 3Beat 3 yolks (the fourth one will not be used) and half the sugar for 5 minutes at medium speed.
- 4Sift the flour, powdred sugar, and ground almonds, and stir in the eggs/sugar mixture.
- 5Beat the egg whites until stiff, adding the remaining powdered sugar slowly.
- 6Fold into the above mixture with a spatula.
- 7Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- 8Spread the dough to a rectangle of 30X20 cm. and 0.8 cm. thick.
- 9Bake 12 to 15 minutes, the dough should remain flexible.
- 10Remove from the mold and let it cool.
- 11In a heavy saucepan, put 1/3 of the sugar.
- 12Cook until you obtain a caramel, add the second 1/3, stir again then add the last 1/3. Once the caramel is cooked (just tiny bubbles forming) add the hot cream slowly.
- 13Let boil. Pour it on the chocolate 3 times, and add the butter and chopped walnuts.
- 14Set aside for 3-4 minutes.
- 15Spread a little marmalade on the rolled cake and cover with the chocolate caramel and dried fruits. Roll the cake quite tight.
- 16Cover with plastic wrap.
- 17Heat the cream and pour 1/3 of it into the melted chocolate and then again 1/3 and 1/3 to obtain a shiny mixture.
- 18Add the butter and stir.
- 19Wait 2-3 minutes before you start to pour the ganache on the rolled biscuit.
- 20In a saucepan melt the sugar over low heat for a light caramel.
- 21Stir in crushed hazelnuts.
- 22Mix and pour the nougatine in a thin layer on a greaseproof paper.
- 23Put a second greaseproof paper on top and roll using a rolling pin. Allow to harden.
- 24Using a rolling pin, between 2 sheets of parchment paper, "tap" on the nougatine to reduce it to a thick powder.
- 25Sprinkle it on the ganache until it is set.
- 26Keep the log in cool place and remove from the refrigerator 15 minutes before serving.
PER SERVING *
|Calories970Calories from Fat500|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat500|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.