Look for frozen packages of cod roe in specialty markets or you may need to order them online (or ask your local fishmonger for a source). The roe is boiled and then sliced and served with blanched potatoes, chickpeas, tomatoes, and onion on a platter, with cilantro and grapefruit as garnishes. A sauce is made by blending together cilantro with olive oil and grapefruit juice.
- 1 cod roe (pack frozen)
- 1 kilogram potatoes
- 2 cans chickpeas
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 onions
- 1 bunch coriander
- 1 grapefruit
- salt (to taste)
- extra-virgin olive oil (to taste)
- Boil the roe in water seasoned with salt until opaque.
- Drain, let cool and slice.
- Peel the potatoes, cut into cubes and cook in water seasoned with salt.
- Drain and cool.
- On a large serving platter, arrange the potatoes, chickpeas, roe, tomato wedges and chopped onion.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and grapefruit sections.
- For the dressing: Place the coriander, olive oil, salt and juice of half a grapefruit.
- Serve the salad drizzled with the dressing.