Roe Salad With Coriander and Grapefruit SauceO Meu Tempero
Look for frozen packages of cod roe in specialty markets or you may need to order them online (or ask your local fishmonger for a source). The roe is boiled and then sliced and served with blanched potatoes, chickpeas, tomatoes, and onion on a platter, with cilantro and grapefruit as garnishes. A sauce is made by blending together cilantro with olive oil and grapefruit juice.
- 1 cod roe (pack frozen)
- 1 kilogram potatoes
- 2 cans chickpeas
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 onions
- 1 bunch coriander
- 1 grapefruit
- salt (to taste)
- extra-virgin olive oil (to taste)
- 1Boil the roe in water seasoned with salt until opaque.
- 2Drain, let cool and slice.
- 3Peel the potatoes, cut into cubes and cook in water seasoned with salt.
- 4Drain and cool.
- 5On a large serving platter, arrange the potatoes, chickpeas, roe, tomato wedges and chopped onion.
- 6Garnish with coriander leaves and grapefruit sections.
- 7For the dressing: Place the coriander, olive oil, salt and juice of half a grapefruit.
- 8Serve the salad drizzled with the dressing.