Roe SaladAs receitas lá de casa
You don't have to break the bank to get the briny flavor of caviar on a budget: Buy fish roe instead. It's available in trout roe, salmon roe, and even codfish roe, which is what is called for here (but really any type of fish roe will do nicely). The eggs are boiled in salted water, drained, sliced, and gently mixed with diced onion and red pepper and copious amounts of olive oil.
- 3 roe (medium Codfish)
- 1 onions (medium)
- 1/2 red pepper
- olive oil (to taste)
- 1Place the eggs in salted water to boil for about 20 minutes.
- 2Meanwhile, finely chop the onion and pepper.
- 3Drizzle with a good amount of olive oil and mix to coat.
- 4When the eggs are cooked, drain them well and cut into thin slices with a serrated knife so they don't fall apart.
- 5Gently mix into the previous mixture and drizzle again with olive oil.