- 2 zucchini (medium, and/or yellow squash, quartered lengthwise and cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices)
- 1 red bell pepper (medium, chopped)
- 10 packages frozen whole kernel corn
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil (divided)
- 2 knorr vegetarian veget bouillon cube (divided)
- 1 cup regular or convert rice
- 2 cups water
- 3/4 cup ragu organic pasta sauc
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 cloves garlic (sliced)
- 15 ounces black beans (1 can, rinsed & drained, optional)
- Preheat oven to 425°. Line jelly-roll pan with aluminum foil. Toss zucchini, red pepper, corn, garlic, 1 tablespoon oil and 1 crumbled Knorr® Vegetarian Vegetable Bouillon Cube on pan. Roast, stirring twice, 35 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat in 2-1/2-quart saucepan and cook rice, stirring frequently, 2 minutes or until golden.
- Stir in water, Pasta Sauce and remaining crumbled Bouillon cube. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer covered, stirring occasionally, 20 minutes or until rice is tender. Stir in black beans; cook until heated through.
- Combine rice, vegetables, cilantro and lime juice in large bowl. Serve hot or at room temperature.
PER SERVING *
|Calories570Calories from Fat90|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat90|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Jennifer M. 5 Mar 2016
My entire family liked this recipe even my non vegetable liking kids! I modified it in several ways though. I used powdered bullion cubes and it was chicken flavored. I also used brown rice. Of course, this is healthier. I also used roasted frozen corn for a bit more flavor. I used some cumin, oregano, added more lime juice, chichken and pepper as well to add a bit more flavor and to make it a main dish. It definitely took me a lot more time due to using the brown rice, but was worth the time. I definitely recommend increasing the seasoning.
Mae G. 19 Aug 2015
This was so delicious! I didn't think anyone in my family would go for it, but to my surprise, they loved it and even came back for seconds! I did everything as instructed, except I used brown rice. Topped with cheese, sour cream and a dash of hot sauce. I will be making this again!