- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds eggplant (about 2 medium, in 3/4- to 1-inch slices)
- 2 ounces crumbled ricotta salata (or chopped)
- 2 tablespoons capers (drained)
- 1/3 cup diced red onion (finely)
- 3 tomatoes (seeded, diced medium, 1 1/2 cups)
- 3 tablespoons fresh mint leaves (minced)
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- ground black pepper (Freshly)
PER SERVING *
|Calories150Calories from Fat80|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat80|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Klaus Drehtdurch 14 Oct
Supetasty and delicious
Burcu Hakan Ekol 2 Oct
will make it agai for sure!
LaDonna Manternach 14 Aug
We used this as the veggie salad for dinner. Remembering the fried breaded eggplant my mother made, I dipped the eggplant slices in beaten egg and seasoned bread crumbs, and baked as directed. It was a big hit at the table.
Rita L. 8 Jan
This was a delicious appetizer and those that had a second opinion about eggplant fell in love. I replaced the ricotta for feta cheese and mint with cilantro.
Jacketta 12 Aug 2017
Beautiful and delicious
Gena C. 4 Jul 2017
Easy and delicious! I didn't have ricotta so I used feta. I make it all the time
Moe 27 Jun 2017
Loving it !!! Simple, tasty and healthy 😊
Cat Goldsmith 14 Jun 2017
This is such an amazing healthy meal. So so tasty. I halved the aubergine instead and cooked for half an hour.
Wilson 11 Apr 2017
Loved it! I didn't modify the recipe at all except for cut it in half. I will definitely make this again.
Merel v. 26 Aug 2016
Great recipe. Left out the capers this time (didn't have any on hand), and replaced the red onion with spring onion and the ricotta with feta. Was wonderful!