Just because you are vegetarian doesn't mean you have to forego lasagna. Featuring roasted seasonal vegetables and goat cheese, each bite of this creamy lasagna will have you sighing with pleasure.
- 3 lasagna noodles (fresh, depending on the size of the plate and the number of people)
- 1 eggplant
- 1 zucchini
- 1 sweet potato
- 2 carrots
- 2 parsnips
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (or any vegetable oil)
- 1/2 teaspoon curry
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon chipotle
- 40 milliliters cream
- 35 milk
- 90 grams flour
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- cheese (Tomme, grated)
- 100 grams fresh goat cheese (crumbled)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cut eggplant, sweet potato, carrots, and parsnips into thin slices. Place slices on a baking pan.
- Melt the coconut oil, and mix with curry. Season with salt and pepper. Pour the mixture evenly over the vegetables. Roast in the oven for about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, finely chop garlic. Mix tomato sauce with the chipotle and garlic. Set aside.
- Prepare the cream sauce. In a saucepan, heat the cream, add the flour. Mix well with a wooden spoon or a whisk to avoid lumps. Gradually add milk until mixture thickens. Remove from heat, and add the nutmeg. Set aside.
- Cover the bottom of a greased baking pan with a portion of tomato sauce, add a layer of parsnips, eggplant, and a portion of goat cheese.
- Add the first lasagna sheet, cover with zucchini, sweet potato, and the remaining crumbled goat cheese.
- Add the second lasagna sheet, layer with the remaining tomato sauce and vegetables.
- Add the third lasagna noodle, cover with cream sauce, and top off with grated cheese.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes.