Pizza is a dish everyone loves. This Roasted Vegetable and Feta Cheese Pizza is not only healthy with only 430 calories per serving, it also packs a lot of nutrients and flavor in each slice. The crust is made from wheat and whole wheat flour so it more nutritious. This is a crowd pleaser! Serve it up at the next sleep over party and the kids will love you. Enjoy!
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 3.5 grams dry yeast
- 1/2 cup water (warm)
- 3/4 cup wheat flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- cooking oil (spray)
- 1/2 onions (large, thinly sliced)
- 1 green bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic (peeled)
- 100 grams mozzarella cheese (grated)
- 1 tomatoes (thinly sliced)
- 227 grams red bell pepper (canned, in strips)
- 100 grams feta cheese
- Dissolve the yeast and sugar in the water. Cover with plastic wrap and let it rest in a warm place for 10 to 15 minutes, until the mixture is foamy.
- In a large bowl, add the flours and the yeast mixture. Knead until the dough is soft and elastic. Add the salt and continue to knead for 3 more minutes.
- Cover the dough with olive oil, place in a clean bowl, and cover with a dry rag. Let it rest until it doubles its original volume.
- Preheat the oven to 230 degrees Celsius.
- Heat a skillet and spray with cooking oil. Add the onion and cook until golden brown. Set aside.
- Cut the green bell pepper into fourths. Sprinkle with olive oil and place in a baking pan, along with the cloves of garlic. Place in the oven on the grill setting until the skin is golden brown. Remove the bell pepper and cut into strips. Chop the garlic.
- Stretch the pizza dough into a circle. Cover the surface with 1 teaspoon olive oil.
- Add a layer of mozzarella, tomatoes, onion, and garlic. Add both the red and green bell peppers and lastly the feta cheese.
- Bake in the lower part of the oven for approximately 20 minutes, until the edges are golden brown.
- Let it cool for 2 minutes and serve.
PER SERVING *
|Calories430Calories from Fat230|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat230|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.