Roasted Vegetable OmeletteKooking
Once in a while you will find a recipe that stands the test of time for decadence and pure bliss. This recipe for Roasted Vegetable Omelette is one to keep on hand for any holiday, special occasion or celebration. With the richness and delicious taste, this recipe is full of flavor. it is a little bit of heaven in each bite. The hardest part of this delicious recipe, is deciding who will get to enjoy the other corners with you. Make a batch this weekend.
- 1/2 red bell pepper (roasted)
- 1/2 eggplant (roasted)
- 1 medium potatoes
- 1/2 onions
- 5 eggs
- extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 loaf bread
- sliced tomatoes
- 1Both the red pepper and eggplant must be precooked, or, if needed, roast in the oven at 180°C (approximately 350°F) for 1 hour.
- 2Finely dice onion and cut potato into thin slices.
- 3Season lightly with salt, and fry in a well-oiled skillet over very low heat so potatoes cook, but do not fry.
- 4In a large bowl, beat eggs and add salt, then add the well-drained potatoes and onion and stir well.
- 5Put small pieces of pepper in small bowl, and put small pieces of eggplant in a separate small bowl.
- 6Pour equal portions of egg mixture into both red pepper bowl and eggplant bowl.
- 7In a lightly oiled small skillet, cook individual omelettes over medium heat so they cook inside and do not burn on the outside.
- 8Serve immediately with a loaf of crusty bread, sliced tomatoes and anchovies, if desired.