Roasted Turkey Leg with Sweet PotatoesAs receitas lá de casa
You don't have to wait for Thanksgiving to have roast turkey, especially when you can just cook the leg rather than the whole bird in much less time and without all the fuss. Here, the turkey leg is marinated overnight (plan accordingly) with a tangy mixture of lemon and orange juice, garlic, port, and chilis. Then it's roasted with russet potatoes and served with a sweet potatoes, which are sliced and roasted alongside. All that's needed is some cranberry relish.
- 1 lemon (juice)
- 1 orange (juice)
- 4 garlic cloves
- 5 sprigs coriander
- 1 teaspoon chili (sweet)
- 1 teaspoon chillies
- 1/3 beef sausage
- 1 cup port wine
- 1 turkey legs
- 2 medium potatoes
- 2 sweet potatoes (large)
- olive oil
- 1In a food processor, add all the marinade ingredients.
- 2Grind everything, without it becoming completely liquid.
- 3Place the turkey leg in a baking tray.
- 4Use a sharp knife to make a few incisions in the turkey leg. Cover the leg completely with the prepared seasoning.
- 5Turn it around several times, rubbing it with your hands to completely spread the marinade on the meat.
- 6Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for a minimum of 12 hours.
- 7In the morning, remove the meat from the refrigerator and rub the marinade in more.
- 8Preheat oven to 190 degrees Celsius.
- 9Peel the potatoe, then dice them.
- 10Place the potatoes around the meat and season with a pinch of coarse salt.
- 11Wash and thinly slice the sweet potatoes.
- 12Sprinkle the bottom of a baking tray with olive oil, and add the sweet potato slices.
- 13Sprinkle with a pinch of rough salt and sweet paprika.
- 14Drizzle with a little olive oil.
- 15Place the tray of meat and potatoes in the oven.
- 16After 30 minutes, put the tray of sweet potatoes in the oven.
- 17Bake for 1 more hour, and serve warm.