- 5 tomatoes (large, cut into 3/4" slices)
- 1 onion (cut into 1/2" slices)
- 1/2 jalapeno (cut in half lengthwise, seeded)
- 2 bell peppers (seeded, cut into 4 pieces)
- olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- ground black pepper (freshly)
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese (plus additional cheese for garnishing)
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream (or creme fraiche, optional)
|Calories180Calories from Fat110|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat110|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Brianne moreno 7 days ago
I followed the recipe exactly and it came out really good for us. There was 3 of us (husband, sister and I) and it made enough. We made grilled cheese sandwiches to go with it and they loved it. The half of jalapeño was a perfect amount of spice, especially for people that are sensitive to spicy food. My parent tried it too and they liked it. So I will definitely make this again
N s. 23 Feb 2018
Yummy....almost as easy as opening a can. Flavourful despite second rate tomatoes. I agree with other commentators on adding a whole jalapeño and a whole head of garlic to the roasting pan. To finish the soup, a sprinkle of Parmesan was enough. However, the recipe barely makes enough for 4 servings so I would increase the amount of ingredients next time.
Sonnee T. 17 Oct 2016
So easy to make and delicious! I've made this several times now and would definitely recommend! I used an entire jalapeño for a bit more bite. That's the only change I would suggest!
Caitlin D. 16 May 2016
We put korean chili flakes in. Gives it a lovely smokey flavor. We love this recipe and make it every couple of weeks. Quick and easy weekday meal.
Erin M. 29 Feb 2016
I made this as part of my Saturday night dinner with a friend. It was my first attempt at a tomato soup. I was not disappointed. I'll be making it again, changing it up a bit, but I was very happy with it as a base to work upon.