Roasted Tomato SauceEL INVITADO DE INVIERNO
Make your own tomato sauce at home with this recipe for Roasted Tomato Sauce. A simple sauce made with simple ingredients, the flavor of the fresh vegetables reaches new levels as they are slowly roasted before being combined to make the sauce. A combination of roasted garlic, roasted tomatoes, and roasted onion, this sauce can be seasoned to personal preference. Serve with your favorite pasta or as a pizza sauce or for whatever other purpose for which you normally need tomato sauce.
- 3 kilograms tomatoes (ripe)
- 1 onion (large)
- 1 head garlic
- 2 cayenne peppers (optional)
- olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 220 degrees Celsius (or 200 C. if using a convection oven).
- Baste the tomatoes with olive oil and place onto a baking tray. Add the whole onion covered with aluminum foil and the unpeeled garlic head. Roast until the tomatoes are soft and blackened. The onions and garlic may need more time than the tomatoes.
- Once all the vegetables are tender, remove from the oven and let cool.
- Peel the tomatoes, garlic, and onion. Place them into a blender and blend until completely smooth. If you like spice, you have the option of adding the cayenne peppers.
- Salt to taste and, with the blender running, stream in some olive oil to bind everything together.
Unlock full nutritional details with subscription
|Calories90Calories from Fat25
|% DAILY VALUE
|Calories from Fat25
|% DAILY VALUE
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Jot it down
Subscribe to Yummly to add notes