- 800 grams baby potatoes (peeled)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 40 grams butter
- 2 shallots (finely diced)
- 150 grams carrots (julienned)
- 2 stalks celery (julienned)
- 150 grams leeks (julienned)
- 400 grams mushrooms (350 g quartered and 50g finely chopped)
- 1 medium egg
- 50 grams almonds (chopped)
- 6 stalks parsley (coarsely chopped)
- 4 trout fillets (small)
- 100 milliliters white wine
- 50 grams crème fraiche
- Cook the potatoes in boiling salted water for 25 mins, until tender. Meanwhile, for the vegetable filling, heat the oil and 1/4 of the butter in a frying pan. Sauté half of the shallots for 3 mins then add the carrots, celery, leeks and chopped mushrooms and sauté for 7 more mins. Remove the pan from the heat and quickly stir in the egg, chopped almonds and half of the parsley. Season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Season the fish on the flesh side with salt and pepper. Place one fillet skin side down, fill with a quarter of the vegetable mixture, top with a second fillet skin side up then tie with kitchen twine. Repeat with the remaining fish and vegetable mixture and transfer to a a greased baking sheet. Roast for about 20 mins, until cooked through.
- For the mushroom sauce, heat the remaining butter in a frying pan and sauté the remaining shallots. Add the quartered mushrooms and cook for 8-10 more mins. Pour in the wine and simmer for 2 mins, then stir in the sour cream and simmer for 3-5 mins. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- To serve, remove the string from the fish and cut into pieces. Arrange on plates with the potatoes and drizzle with the mushroom sauce. Garnish with the remaining chopped parsley.
|Calories480Calories from Fat190|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat190|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.