Two minutes is all it takes to make an addicting, smoky, chipotle aioli; the perfect match for sweet potato wedges.
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 can chipotles in adobo
- 1 pound sweet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400° F.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the mayonnaise, honey, and garlic powder in a medium mixing bowl. Add 2 Tablespoons of adobo liquid from the can of chipotle peppers (the peppers may be reserved for an alternative use). Whisk thoroughly until the aioli is smooth and combined. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- With a sharp knife, cut the sweet potatoes into wedges approximately 3/4” thick.
- Place the sweet potatoes in a large mixing bowl. Drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and black pepper, to taste.
- Use a rubber spatula to toss the sweet potatoes until they are evenly coated in the oil. Arrange the sweet potatoes on the baking sheet, spreading them out as much as possible.
- Transfer the baking sheet to the middle rack of the preheated oven.
- Roast for 12 minutes.
- Open the oven door. Flip the sweet potatoes.
- Continue roasting for 10-14 minutes longer, until the sweet potatoes are tender and slightly charred at the edges.
- Remove the sweet potatoes from the oven, and serve immediately with the chipotle aioli.