- 1 suckling pig (approximately 10 lbs.)
- kosher salt (as needed)
- 3 ounces duck fat
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 sprig thyme
- 1. Bone the suckling pig.
- 2. Rub with coarse salt, let stand for an hour and a half.
- 3. Remove salt, rinse, and dry pig. Break into portions.
- 4. Sous vide each portion with three ounces of duck fat, garlic and thyme.
- 5. Proceed with the steam baking for 2 hours and 25 minutes.
- 6. Stop the cooking with ice water and keep refrigerated until service.
- 7. Remove from bag and place in a Teflon pan skin side down for 25 to 30 minutes in a conventional oven at 450°F for the skin to become crisp.
- 1. Serve with grilled pineapple and mango.