Roasted Spareribs with Sweet PotatoesAs receitas lá de casa
Spareribs are great for entertaining but you don't need to cook them on a hot charcoal grill for them to be their best. Marinating definitely helps boost their flavor and ensure they stay juicy and tender during cooking. In this recipe, the ribs are infused with a mixture of honey, lemon juice, wine, garlic, and cilantro; make slits in the meat to allow the marinade to permeate even more. What's great is the sweet potatoes roast in the same pan, for a meal in one.
- 1 spareribs (rack, trimmed and ready to use)
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 lemon (juiced)
- sweet pepper
- 6 garlic cloves
- coriander (to taste)
- 1/2 cup red wine
- olive oil
- 3 sweet potatoes (medium)
- 1Trim spareribs, and place in a baking pan.
- 2In a small bowl, mix the honey, lemon juice, salt, paprika, minced garlic, chopped coriander and wine. Pour mixture over ribs and rub sauce into the meat. Marinate for at least one hour. Preheat oven to 200°C (approximately 400°F).
- 3Pour remaining sauce on ribs and baste with olive oil. Scrub unpeeled potatoes and cut into thin slices. Arrange them vertically around the ribs and season potatoes with fine salt. Bake for at least 1 hour, or until roasted. Serve with salad, if desired.