When you want to make a decadent dip for a dinner party or potluck, and you are tired of the normal faire, then try this recipe for Roasted Red Pepper, Tuna, and Coriander Spread. This dip or spread is great for breads, chips, veggies or crackers. This spread needs to be refrigerated, so it is a perfect fresh summer spread when you want something hearty, yet also light and flavorful.
- 1 red pepper
- 150 grams white tuna in water
- 1 tablespoon ricotta cheese
- coriander (or basi, to taste)
- salt (to taste)
- ground black pepper (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Cut the pepper into 2 pieces and remove the seeds and the inner white membrane.
- Place the peppers in a pan with the skin side up and bake until the skin darkens.
- Place the peppers in a closed plastic bag, wait 15 minutes for them to cool, and the skin peels off. Remove the skin.
- In the blender, add the drained tuna, red pepper, ricotta, cilantro, salt, and pepper.
- Mix a little to get the right consistency. You can also use a hand-held mixer.