Roasted red pepper, bacon, and cream cheese dip, with a hint of jalapeno and goat cheese! Full recipe can be found at http://www.mommarambles.com/red-pepper-bacon-cream-cheese-dip/
- 1 package cream cheese (softened, 8 oz each)
- 1 roasted red pepper (finely chopped)
- 1 jalapeno (large, finely chopped)
- 4 bacon slices (chopped up)
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1 tablespoon honey
- First off, in reference to the roasted red peppers, you can usually fine them in a jar (or canned) at your local super market. This definitely saves on time if you are able to purchase your peppers already roasted! However, if you decide to use a fresh peppers, there is a simple way to roast them. Place them in the oven at 400 degrees for 20 minutes. Use tongs to turn the peppers over to their other side, and roast for another 20 minutes. Then use a food processor (or knife) to finely chop your pepper.
- Now let’s get that bacon going! Feel free to cook your bacon as you deem fit. If you’ve never cooked bacon before, why not try chopping up the slices and cooking in a skillet with a little bit of oil, over medium to high heat for about 10 minutes, or until you reach your preferred “crispness”! Drain the bacon and set aside for the time being. At this point you may decide to go ahead and preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Take your cream cheese and stir until smooth. If you want to use an electric mixer, that will make the process go by quicker! Add in the milk, beating until combined. Stir in the roasted red peppers. Mix well!
- Once your cream cheese is smooth and mixed well with the roasted red peppers, add in your bacon and jalapenos. You can also add in your honey at this point.
- The rest of the recipe can be found at http://www.mommarambles.com/red-pepper-bacon-cream-cheese-dip/
PER SERVING *
|Calories380Calories from Fat300|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat300|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.