- 5 pounds pork rib rack (chine bone removed)
- 2 cloves garlic (crushed)
- black pepper (coarsely ground)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Trim excess fat from pork loin and trim extra meat from between rib bones. This is called “Frenching” the bones; you can also ask your butcher to do this). Rub all surfaces with crushed garlic and sprinkle generously with black pepper.
- Place pork roast, bones up, on rack in shallow roasting pan. Roast for 1 to 1 1/2 hours (20 minutes per pound), until internal temperature on a thermometer reads 145 degrees F. Remove roast from oven; let rest 10 minutes. Cut between rib bones to serve.