Roasting brings out the best in just about everything, including (and especially) fruits and vegetables that are naturally high in sugar, which becomes wonderfully caramelized at the high temperatures called for. Here, pumpkin is tossed with olive oil and dried basil and then roasted until tender and just right for topping with crumbled fresh goat cheese and fresh basil. Serve with roast pork, chicken, or lamb and round out the meal with sauteed kale.
- pumpkin (A carved, cut into cubes)
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- olive oil (to taste)
- coarse salt (to taste)
- 1 curd cheese
- fresh basil leaves (to taste)
- Place the pumpkin on a platter baking.
- Season with salt, olive oil, dried basil and mix.
- Place in the oven at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes or until the pumpkin is soft.
- Add crumbled fresh cheese and garnish with basil leaves.