Roasted Pumpkin SoupHoje para Jantar
By roasting the pumpkin before blending it into this vibrant and smooth soup you are able to achieve another delicious layer of flavor that you cannot get when you simple boil the vegetables. Thyme and leeks each add their own unique flavors to the soup and perfectly complementing the pumpkin. Toasted pumpkin seeds sprinkled over the soup before serving add a nice crunchy contrast. Try it with a spoonful of goat cheese in each bowl for added creaminess.
- 2 pumpkin
- 2 onions (small)
- sea salt
- olive oil
- 1 bunch fresh thyme
- 1 leeks (chopped)
- 800 milliliters chicken stock (preferably homemade)
- pumpkin seeds (optional)
- 1Preheat the oven to 220 degrees Celsius.
- 2Cut pumpkins in half and place them in a tray with the sliced side up.
- 3Add the unpeeled onions and eason with salt, pepper, olive oil and thyme leaves. Bake for 45 minutes.
- 4In a pan, pour a little olive oil and add the leeks. Saute until tender.
- 5Remove the pumpkin from the oven and, using a spoon, remove the pulp and place it in a pot.
- 6Remove the outer skin of the onion and add them to the pot. Add the chicken broth and bring the mix to a boil.
- 7Mince the ingredients well and season to taste.
- 8Serve plain for kids, and add a pinch of freshly ground nutmeg and toasted pumpkin seeds for the adults.