Roasted Prime Rib with Brussel SproutsKitchenAid
- 3 pounds prime rib (whole, bone out and fat-side scored)
- 3 tablespoons Montréal steak seasoning
- 4 cups brussels sprouts (quartered)
- 1 1/4 cups onions (diced)
- 2 tablespoons butter (unsalted)
- 1 1/2 cups pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup cooking sherry
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1Season all sides of roast with steak seasoning and allow meat to rest at room temperature for 20 to 30 minutes to temper.
- 2Set KitchenAid® Multi-Cooker to Sear 450 ºF. Sear roast for 6-8 minutes on each side starting with the fat side down. Set Multi-Cooker to Sauté 330°F.
- 3Cover and roast for an additional 25 to 35 minutes.
- 4Mix glaze ingredients together in small bowl. Pour over roast, and cook for additional 10 minutes, basting the roast continuously. Insert meat thermometer and verify internal temperature of meat has reached 120°F.
- 5Place roast on platter and loosely tent with foil. Let rest for 15-20 minutes. Pour all but ¼ cup glaze into serving dish and set aside with roast.
- 6Attach Stir Tower with Stir and Flip Wand to Multi-Cooker. Add Brussels sprouts, onions and butter to ¼ cup glaze remaining in cooking pot. Turn Stir Tower to Speed 1 and cook for 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- 7Serve meat with vegetables and reserved glaze mixture.