Roasted Potatoes with Garlic and ThymeO Meu Tempero
Boiling the potatoes before roasting ensures that they are tender and fluffy inside and nice and crisp on the outside. Once the potatoes have been boiled and drained, and while still warm, crush each one to open them up a bit, all the better to soak up the flavors of the olive oil and seasonings. Serve them with all your favorite roasts, grilled meats and fish, and with eggs at breakfast.
- 10 medium potatoes
- olive oil (to taste)
- coarse salt (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 5 garlic cloves (unpeeled and crushed)
- 1Preheat oven to 350F.
- 2Boil the unpeeled potatoes in salted water.
- 3Once cooked, drain, and lightly punch each potato.
- 4Place the potatoes in an ovenproof platter.
- 5Drizzle with a little olive oil, and season with salt, thyme, and garlic.
- 6Bake until golden and crispy