Boiling the potatoes before roasting ensures that they are tender and fluffy inside and nice and crisp on the outside. Once the potatoes have been boiled and drained, and while still warm, crush each one to open them up a bit, all the better to soak…
up the flavors of the olive oil and seasonings. Serve them with all your favorite roasts, grilled meats and fish, and with eggs at breakfast.
- 10 medium potatoes
- olive oil (to taste)
- coarse salt (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 5 garlic cloves (unpeeled and crushed)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Boil the unpeeled potatoes in salted water.
- Once cooked, drain, and lightly punch each potato.
- Place the potatoes in an ovenproof platter.
- Drizzle with a little olive oil, and season with salt, thyme, and garlic.
- Bake until golden and crispy