These roasted potatoes are an elegant accompaniment to Honey and Sage-Roasted Rack of Pork. Preparing them ahead of time helps keep last minute prep to a minimum.
- 1/2 pound bacon (sliced)
- 12 small red potatoes (halved)
- olive oil
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup goat cheese (plain)
- 4 tablespoons green onions (sliced)
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese (grated)
- 3 tablespoons dill (snipped, plus dill for garnish)
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Heat oven to 450 degrees F. In large skillet cook bacon over medium heat, turning to brown evenly, until crisp. Blot bacon on paper towels, mince and set aside.
- Brush cut surfaces of potatoes lightly with olive oil. Place potato halves cut side up on a shallow rimmed baking pan; bake until potatoes are tender and faces of potatoes are lightly browned, about 20-30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl mash together sour cream and goat cheese, stir in minced bacon, onion, Parmesan, dill, salt and pepper.
- Top each potato with a spoonful, about 2 teaspoons, of sour cream mixture. Serve warm.
- Serves 6.
- Make-Ahead Tip: Roast potatoes before guests arrive; keep warm in the oven. Top with cheese mixture before serving.