Roasted Pork Tenderloin with Tomatillo SalsaPork
- 1 pound pork tenderloin
- 1 tablespoon creole seasoning
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cups tomatillos (quartered, 6 to 7 tomatillos)
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup onions (finely chopped)
- 3 cloves garlic (minced, 1 1/2 teaspoons)
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon dried leaves oregano
- 2 cups chicken broth (lower sodium)
- 1 jalapeno chilies (seeded and minced, about 3 tablespoons)
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro (chopped)
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Season the tenderloin with Creole seasonings. Heat oil in a large sauté pan or skillet over medium-high heat. Sear seasoned tenderloin for 2-4 minutes or until a nice brown color on all sides. Place in shallow roasting pan the in oven for about 20-27 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 145 degrees F.
- 2Remove from oven. Transfer to a cutting board; loosely cover with foil and let meat rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
- 3For Tomatillo Salsa, preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Place tomatillos and tomatoes in a greased shallow baking pan. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon oil; toss until evenly coated. Roast 1 to 1 1/4 hours, or until very wrinkled and beginning to lightly caramelize.
- 4Heat remaining 2 tablespoons of oil in a 10-inch sauté pan or skillet over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; sauté about 5 minutes, or until onion and garlic begins to brown.
- 5Add the cumin and oregano and toast the spices for 1 minute; add roasted tomatillos and tomatoes, broth, and jalapeno; bring to a simmer. Simmer for 20-25 minutes, or until sauce is thickened. Near the end of cooking, press tomatillos and tomatoes with back of spoon to slightly break up. Stir in cilantro just before serving. Sauce can be made up to 2 days in advance.
- 6To serve, place sliced pork on a platter and ladle sauce over the tenderloin.
PER SERVING *
|Calories390Calories from Fat220|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat220|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.