Roasted Pork Tenderloin with Apple-Ginger SaucePork
Make some for now—and for later. Roast two ginger-seasoned pork tenderloins, then serve one with the Apple-Ginger Sauce and roasted root vegetables for a hearty meal, and use the second tenderloin for a zesty Asian pork-and-vegetable soup.
- 2 pork tenderloin (1 pound each)
- 2 parsnips (medium, OR carrots, peeled and bias-sliced 1/4-inch thick)
- 2 cippolini onions (medium, peeled and each cut into 6 wedges)
- 1 sweet potatoes (medium, peeled, halved lengthwise and sliced 1/2-inch thick)
- 1 turnips (small, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 sauce (recipe Apple-Ginger)
- nonstick spray (Olive oil)
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives (chopped, optional)
- 1Heat oven to 425 degrees F. Coat inside of large shallow roasting pan with olive oil cooking spray. Combine parsnips, onions, sweet potato and turnip in pan. Coat vegetables with olive oil cooking spray; sprinkle with 1/8 teaspoon salt. Roast in heated oven for 10 minutes.
- 2Meanwhile, combine 1/2 teaspoon salt, ginger and pepper; sprinkle and rub evenly over surfaces of tenderloins. Lightly brown one tenderloin over medium-high heat for 2-4 minutes in large heavy skillet coated with olive oil cooking spray. Transfer tenderloin to cutting board or plate. Remove skillet from heat and recoat with olive oil cooking spray. Lightly brown remaining tenderloin.
- 3Stir and push vegetables to edge of roasting pan; place tenderloins in center of pan. Continue roasting in for 20-27 minutes or until internal temperature of pork tenderloins reaches 145 degrees Fahrenheit, followed by a 3-minute rest time. While tenderloins are roasting, prepare Apple-Ginger Sauce.
- 4Transfer pork tenderloins to clean cutting board. Loosely cover with foil; let rest for 5 minutes. Turn oven off. Stir and return vegetables to oven to keep warm.
- 5To serve, cut one pork tenderloin into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Serve with roasted vegetables and sauce. Garnish with chives.
PER SERVING *
|Calories430Calories from Fat110|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat110|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.