Roasted Pork LegAs receitas lá de casa
The day before you plan to serve this dish, season the pork leg aside with lemon juice, white wine, bay leaves, and garlic so it can marinate overnight in the refrigerator. To serve, pop it in a roasting pan, drizzle with olive oil, and roast until tender, adding the onion and potatoes and a fresh tomato salsa partway through. The pork will be exceptionally tender and the vegetables will soak up some of the meat's juices. Round out the meal with a green salad.
- 1 pork leg (with fat)
- 1 lemon (juice)
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 3 bay leaves
- 6 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 onions (large, cut into wedges)
- potatoes (diced, to taste)
- 1 tomatoes (ripe, chopped)
- olive oil
- sweet paprika (to taste)
- parsley (to taste)
- 1Season pork the day before roasting.
- 2Mix lemon juice, 1/4 cup white wine, bay leaves and 3 garlic cloves and rub over pork leg and marinate overnight in refrigerator.
- 3When ready to roast, place meat in a large roasting pan, drizzle with olive oil and bake for about 20 minutes.
- 4Remove roasting pan from oven and arrange onion around the meat. Place potatoes on top of onions.
- 5In a bowl, mix tomato, 3 garlic cloves, 1/4 cup white wine, paprika, salt and parsley.
- 6Drizzle mixture over meat and vegetables on roasting pan and bake the roast for at least 1 additional hour.
- 7Serve with a salad.
- 8Note: The photo is from the intermediate phase, when the meat is removed from the oven and remaining ingredients are added.