Roasted Pork Chops with Autumn Mashed Potatoes and Sauteed SpinachPORK
Roasted Pork Chops with Autumn Mashed Potatoes and Sauteed Spinach
Quickly roasted seasoned pork chops are paired with a winter squash puree and sautéed spinach: A perfect weeknight supper for autumn or winter. Serve all with warm focaccia wedges.
- In small bowl combine thyme, cumin, oregano, black pepper, cinnamon and allspice; coat chops generously with seasoning and place in shallow roasting pan. Heat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Meanwhile, in a large heavy saucepan cook the squash and potatoes in boiling water until tender, about 10-15 minutes; drain, add cream, butter and salt to pan and mash the vegetables. Salt to taste and keep warm.
- Roast chops for 15 minutes, until internal temperature on a thermometer reads 160 degrees F and browned.
- Sauté spinach and garlic in olive oil in large skillet until spinach is wilted and garlic tender, about 2 minutes. Add raisins, salt to taste and red pepper flakes, stir.
- Serve chops with spinach and mashed potatoes with sauce.