- 2 poblano peppers (medium)
- 2 cups shredded mexican cheese blend
- 1 cup chicken (cooked, shredded)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon Spice Islands Onion Salt
- 6 flour tortillas (8 to 10-inch)
- 2 tablespoons Mazola Corn Oil
- Roast poblano peppers under the broiler, over a gas flame OR on the grill.
- Heat for 5 to 7 minutes per side or until surface skin on the peppers is blistered and charred.
- Using tongs, transfer peppers to a paper bag or a covered bowl and set aside until cool enough to handle.
- Rinse peppers under running water to remove stem, seeds, pith and all charred material.
- Pat dry and cut into 1-inch strips.
- Heat griddle or large skillet over medium-high heat OR place oven rack in upper third of oven and pre-heat broiler to 400ºF.
- Combine roasted poblano strips, cheese, chicken, cilantro and onion salt in a small bowl.
- Evenly divide the filling and spread over one half of each tortilla.
- Fold remaining half over to form a semi-circle.
- Lightly brush both sides of quesadillas with corn oil.
- Heat quesadillas for 1 to 2 minutes per side or until lightly browned and cheese is melted. (For broiler method, place quesadillas on a baking sheet and broil for 1 to 2 minutes per side or until lightly browned and cheese is melted.)
- Cut quesadillas into wedges and serve with salsa and sour cream, if desired.