Take yourself to the Emerald Island with this earthy, roasted lamb. Perfect for a New Year’s dinner, this dish uses the distinct sour taste of goat’s cheese to sharpen the scampi taste of the lamb. Mint not only brightens up the dish, but adds fresh additional flavor. Roasting the lamb forces the juices to stay inside the meat while allowing the delicious smells of the herbs to fill the air.
- 1 bunch kale
- 30 grams pistachios
- 15 mint leaves
- 300 grams leg of lamb
- olive oil
- In a pot with salted boiling water blanch the kale leaves for 3 minutes.
- Drain and dry with a paper towel. Set aside.
- Combine pistachios, chopped mint leaves and a little salt and pepper.
- Slice the leg of lamb in 2 pieces of 150 gr.
- Saute over high heat for 4-5 minutes on each side.
- Make a cut at the center of each slice with a knife.
- Inside the cut, place a teaspoon of the pistachio/mint mixture.
- Roll the meat in a kale leaf and secure with a wooden pin.
- In a skillet, heat a teaspoon of oil and saute the the rolls for 15 minutes, turn them over halfway through the cooking.
- Salt and pepper.
- Serve with potato and parsnip purée.