- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 lamb (mini, roasts)
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 2 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 3 red onions (small, cut into thin wedges)
- 3 parsnips (small, halved lenghwise, or quartered if large)
- 6 small carrots (halved lengthwise, or quartered if large)
- 6 new potatoes (baby, halved)
- 3 tablespoons butter (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 2/3 cups chicken stock
- broccoli (optional, to serve)
- Preheat the oven 425°F.
- Heat one tablespoon of oil in a Dutch oven over high heat. Add lamb and cook until browned all over. Sprinkle lamb with salt and pepper. Place rosemary sprigs under lamb roasts and add garlic and onion to the pan. Roast in the oven for 20 minutes or until cooked as desired. Remove lamb from dish, cover and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place parsnips, carrots and potatoes in a separate shallow baking dish, toss with remaining oil and scatter with butter pieces. Roast for about 30 minutes or until tender and golden brown. (Once the lamb is removed from oven, turn to hottest setting for the last 10 minutes of cooking time.)
- To make gravy, return the lamb baking dish to the stove over medium heat and add the flour and cook, stirring, until mixture bubbles and is well browned. Gradually stir in stock and bring to a boil, stirring, until gravy thickens. Strain gravy into a small pitcher.
- Serve the sliced lamb roasts with roasted vegetables, gravy and steamed broccoli, if desired.
|Calories490Calories from Fat140|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat140|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.