When you want a dish that is straight out of a fancy fine-dining restaurant, but you really don't want to waste all of the money it takes to eat at one of those establishments, then try this recipe for Beiras's Roasted Lamb. It is decadent and heart…
. This dish is one of a kind and will leave your guests delighted and impressed by the food. Happy cooking!
- 1 leg of lamb
- 1 lemon (juice)
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons lard
- 2 tablespoons pepper (paste)
- 1 onion
- 500 milliliters dry white wine
- olive oil
- 3 bay leaves
- The day before, marinate the meat in water with lemon juice and lemon slices.
- In a mortar, combine the lamb seasoning ingredients: the garlic, salt, pepper and lard.
- Crush the seasonings, and spread on both sides of the meat.
- Place the meat in the center of a roasting pan.
- Peel and quarter the potatoes vertically.
- Add them to the meat.
- Cut the onion into half moons and spread over the roasting pan.
- Drizzle with the white wine, olive oil and add the bay leaves.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Bake for about 1 hour.
- After 1/2 hour check to see if the potatoes are getting too dry, and if so, add a little bit of water.