Roasted LambHoje para Jantar
When you want a dish that is straight out of a fancy fine-dining restaurant, but you really don't want to waste all of the money it takes to eat at one of those establishments, then try this recipe for Beiras's Roasted Lamb. It is decadent and hearty. This dish is one of a kind and will leave your guests delighted and impressed by the food. Happy cooking!
- 1 leg of lamb
- 1 lemon (juice)
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons lard
- 2 tablespoons pepper (paste)
- 1 onions
- 500 milliliters dry white wine
- olive oil
- 3 bay leaves
- 1The day before, marinate the meat in water with lemon juice and lemon slices.
- 2In a mortar, combine the lamb seasoning ingredients: the garlic, salt, pepper and lard.
- 3Crush the seasonings, and spread on both sides of the meat.
- 4Place the meat in the center of a roasting pan.
- 5Peel and quarter the potatoes vertically.
- 6Add them to the meat.
- 7Cut the onion into half moons and spread over the roasting pan.
- 8Drizzle with the white wine, olive oil and add the bay leaves.
- 9Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 10Bake for about 1 hour.
- 11After 1/2 hour check to see if the potatoes are getting too dry, and if so, add a little bit of water.