What's so great about this recipe is that the fish need not be thawed before using. It's also simple and fast to prepare, and you can boil the eggs and blanch the spinach at the same time, and even in advance, before layering everything in the baking dish with mayonnaise and cheese spread on top. Cover with foil for the first part to allow the fish to cook through, then remove the foil at the end to brown the topping.
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 package fresh spinach
- 5 haddock medallions
- lemon juice
- processed cheese
- Boil eggs and blanch spinach in plenty of boiling water.
- Drain eggs.
- Drain spinach and plunge into cold water and drain well.
- In a glass baking dish, arrange spinach and place fresh or frozen fish on top of spinach.
- Season with salt and lemon juice. Peel hard-boiled eggs and cut in slices and place on top of fish.
- Coat with mayonnaise and cheese.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake in preheated oven for 15 to 20 minute and remove foil.
- Adjust heat to broil setting. Watching carefully, broil until cheese is bubbly and slightly browned.
- Serve with mashed potatoes, if desired.