Roasted Gilt-head Bream With Salami, And Hasselback PotatoesO Meu Tempero
- 9 medium potatoes (unpeeled, about 3 per person)
- salt (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- olive oil (to taste)
- 1 gilt-head bream (large)
- ground black pepper (to taste)
- 50 milliliters white wine
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 slices salami (cut in strips)
- 3 lemon slices
- 1 leeks (thinly sliced , white part only)
- coriander (chopped, for garnish)
- lemon wedges (for garnish)
- 1Preheat oven to 356°C.
- 2Thoroughly rinse the potatoes and without cutting all the way through, cut into thin slices.
- 3Season with salt, thyme and olive oil.
- 4Bake for about 60 minutes, depending on the size of the potatoes.
- 5Sprinkle with oil halfway through baking.
- 6Season the fish with salt, pepper, white wine and paprika.
- 7Make three cuts in the fish and place the strips of salami in the cuts.
- 8Place the lemon slices in the belly.
- 9Marinate for a few minutes.
- 10Place the sliced leek in a baking dish, placing the fish on top. Sprinkle generously with olive oil and a little bit of water.
- 11Bake at 356°C for about 45 minutes, depending on the size of the fish. Note: The fish is cooked when the meat separates from the spine easily.
- 12Halfway through cooking, add a little more water to prevent the fish from drying out. Sprinkle the fish with fresh coriander. Serve with accumulated pan juices, lemon wedges, the potatoes and boiled broccoli.