Roasted Fish with Lemon and Mustard SauceAs receitas lá de casa
Even though the fish is finished in the oven, this recipe calls for poaching it first in salted water briefly, to ensure that they will be cooked through and still moist and juicy. That poaching liquid is then put to good use in making a sauce with cilantro, mustard, and lemon juice that's poured over the fish before sprinkling it with cheese and baking to melt the cheese and brown the topping.
- fish fillets
- 3 sprigs coriander
- 3 tablespoons mustard
- 1 lemon (juice)
- salt (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- mozzarella cheese (or other melting cheese, for gratin)
- 1Preheat oven to 200°C (approximately 400°F).
- 2Blanch fish in boiling, salted water.
- 3Reserve water.
- 4Remove fillets and place in a baking dish.
- 5For the sauce, mix a little fish cooking water, coriander, mustard and lemon juice.
- 6Bring to a boil.
- 7Mix in cornstarch and stir vigorously with a whisk.
- 8Cover fillets with sauce and sprinkle with grated cheese.
- 9Bake in preheated oven until cheese is melted and lightly browned.
- 10Serve with mashed potatoes, if desired.