If you are craving a fancy and flavorful dinner, then why not try making this recipe for Roasted Figs with Roquefort Papillon, Walnuts and Prosciutto. It is the perfect combination of a sweet, savory and salty dish. This recipe would be decadent paired with the perfect meal main entrée. Why not pick up these ingredients the next time you go shopping and surprise your family this weekend with a decadent side dish for the family dinner.
- 16 figs
- 16 slices Italian ham (finely sliced)
- 160 grams Roquefort Papillon cheese (cut into small cubes)
- 20 grams walnuts
- balsamic vinegar (/ olive oil)
- Preheat oven to 390 F.
- Wash and dry figs, and make an X in the top of each.
- Place on a baking sheet.
- In each fig add the chopped walnuts and the Roquefort cheese, then wrap in a piece of proscuitto that has been folded in half.
- Bake for 5-7 minutes, until cheese is just melted.
- Serve with salad dressed with an olive oil and balsamic vinegar dressing.