- 1 whole broiler fryer chicken (about 3 pounds)
- 1 lemon (quartered)
- 3 sprigs rosemary
- 3 tablespoons garlic (slivered)
- 3 tablespoons butter (softened)
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 white onion (diced)
- 2 cups celery (diced to 1/2 inch)
- 1 cup carrot (diced to 1/2 inch)
- 4 cups sourdough bread (cubed)
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup parsley (finely chopped)
- Set KitchenAid® Multi-Cooker to Sear 450 ºF and preheat.
- Stuff chicken cavity with lemon, rosemary and garlic. Place butter underneath skin and season with salt and pepper. Truss chicken with butchers string.
- Sear chicken breast side up, covered for 20 minutes. Turn the chicken breast side down; continue cooking for covered for 30 minutes or until cooked through. Remove chicken to a platter and tent with foil to keep warm and rest.