Roasted Chicken with Sourdough StuffingKitchenAid
- 1 whole broiler-fryer chicken (about 3 pounds)
- 1 lemon (quartered)
- 3 sprigs rosemary
- 3 tablespoons garlic (slivered)
- 3 tablespoons butter (softened)
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 white onion (diced)
- 2 cups celery (diced to 1/2 inch)
- 1 cup carrots (diced to 1/2 inch)
- 4 cups sourdough bread (cubed)
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup parsley (finely chopped)
- 1Set KitchenAid® Multi-Cooker to Sear 450 ºF and preheat.
- 2Stuff chicken cavity with lemon, rosemary and garlic. Place butter underneath skin and season with salt and pepper. Truss chicken with butchers string.
- 3Sear chicken breast side up, covered for 20 minutes. Turn the chicken breast side down; continue cooking for covered for 30 minutes or until cooked through. Remove chicken to a platter and tent with foil to keep warm and rest.
- 4Attach Stir & Flip Wand to Stir Tower. Turn Stir Tower to Speed 1. Add onion, celery and carrots. Cook 4 to 6 minutes or until softened.
- 5Add bread. Cook 3-5 minutes.
- 6Add stock and parsley. Cook 30 seconds. Turn Stir Tower off. Cover and cook stuffing 2 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed.
- 7Carve chicken into pieces and serve with stuffing.