If roasted chicken is done right, it is moist, flavorful, and decadent. This recipe for Roasted Chicken with Rosemary and Baby Carrots will have you feeling like you created a meal from a fine dinning restaurant. It takes 45 minutes to prepare and has 310 calories per serving. The marinade is delicious with rosemary, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, balsamic vinegar, soy sauce, ketchup, and olive oil. Happy cooking!
- 4 chicken breasts (large, cut in half)
- 2 cups baby carrots (or large carrots, cut into strips)
- 1 red onion (julienned)
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder (may substitute cayenne pepper)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 3 tablespoons olive oil (plus 1 tbsp. for greasing the pan)
- Mix all the marinade ingredients together in a bowl. Add the chicken breast, covering them well and let marinate for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the carrots and onion into a baking dish, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and black pepper.
- Place the pieces of chicken on top of the vegetables in the baking dish, and spoon the marinade liquid over them.
- Bake for 30 minutes, covered with aluminum foil for the first 15 minutes until the chicken is cooked and golden brown.
PER SERVING *
|Calories310Calories from Fat130|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat130|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.