- 6 chicken thighs (bone in and skin on)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter (unsalted)
- 1/4 cup shallots (finely chopped)
- 2 cups basmati rice (rinsed and drained)
- 2 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 12 stalks asparagus (trimmed)
- 1 1/2 cups cilantro (fresh)
- 1/2 cup pistachios (shelled and salted)
- 2 cloves garlic (fresh)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest (fresh)
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese (grated)
- Set KitchenAid® Multi-Cooker with Stir Tower to Sear 450 F.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.Sear in batches, skin side down for 6 to 8 minutes each, turning halfway through cooking, until they turn deep golden brown on all sides.
- Remove chicken and place on plate to rest . Set Multi-Cooker to Manual with the temperature set to 330 ºF. Turn Stir Tower to Speed 2. Add butter and shallots; cook until translucent, about 1 to 2 minutes. Add rice, and increase temperature to 350 ºF. Cook until grains are separated and begin to crackle, about 5 to 6 minutes.
- Add stock and salt, stirring until blended. Remove Stir Tower. Set unit to Manual 325 ºF. Return chicken to Cooking Pot and cook, covered, for 12 to 15 minutes, or until liquid is absorbed and rice is cooked through. Add Steam Basket filled with asparagus during last 6 minutes of cooking.
- While chicken and rice are cooking, place all Pistachio Pesto ingredients in blender; blend until smooth. Serve chicken with rice and drizzle with pesto.