Roasted Chicken with CabbageKitchenAid
- 1 whole chicken (cut into 6 pieces, about 3 1/2 lbs.)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ginger (grated)
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (dried)
- 3 tablespoons sake
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 head cabbage (core removed and cut into, 8 2-inch wide sections)
- 1In medium bowl, combine olive oil, ginger, soy sauce, dried chili and sake. Place chicken in
- 2separate shallow glass bowl and pour marinade over top, reserving 2 teaspoons. Cover and
- 3refrigerate 1-2 hours.
- 4Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- 5Remove chicken from refrigerator and let come to room temperature 30 minutes. Drizzle olive
- 6oil over shallow baking pan. Remove chicken from marinade and arrange on baking pan. Place
- 7in oven and bake 15 minutes.
- 8Attach Fresh Prep Slicer/Shredder Attachment to KitchenAid® Stand Mixer, and attach slicing
- 9blade. Position medium bowl under attachment to catch sliced cabbage. Put cabbage, 1
- 10section at a time, into feed tube. Turn stand mixer to speed 3 and process until cabbage is
- 11sliced. Repeat with remaining sections. Toss sliced cabbage with reserved 2 teaspoons
- 13Remove chicken from oven and nestle cabbage around chicken. Return to oven and continue
- 14baking 20-25 minutes until cooked though and golden. Remove pan from oven and transfer
- 15chicken to platter. Return cabbage to oven and continue to roast 10-15 minutes until liquid is
- 16reduced and cabbage begins to caramelize.
- 17Remove from oven and serve with chicken.
PER SERVING *
|Calories880Calories from Fat470|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat470|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.