- 1 whole chicken (cut into 6 pieces, about 3 1/2 lbs.)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ginger (grated)
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon red chili flakes (dried)
- 3 tablespoons sake
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 head cabbage (core removed and cut into, 8 2-inch wide sections)
- In medium bowl, combine olive oil, ginger, soy sauce, dried chili and sake. Place chicken in
- separate shallow glass bowl and pour marinade over top, reserving 2 teaspoons. Cover and
- refrigerate 1-2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Remove chicken from refrigerator and let come to room temperature 30 minutes. Drizzle olive
- oil over shallow baking pan. Remove chicken from marinade and arrange on baking pan. Place
- in oven and bake 15 minutes.
- Attach Fresh Prep Slicer/Shredder Attachment to KitchenAid® Stand Mixer, and attach slicing
- blade. Position medium bowl under attachment to catch sliced cabbage. Put cabbage, 1
- section at a time, into feed tube. Turn stand mixer to speed 3 and process until cabbage is
- sliced. Repeat with remaining sections. Toss sliced cabbage with reserved 2 teaspoons
- Remove chicken from oven and nestle cabbage around chicken. Return to oven and continue
- baking 20-25 minutes until cooked though and golden. Remove pan from oven and transfer
- chicken to platter. Return cabbage to oven and continue to roast 10-15 minutes until liquid is
- reduced and cabbage begins to caramelize.
- Remove from oven and serve with chicken.
|Calories880Calories from Fat470|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat470|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.