- 1 lemon (medium)
- 5 pounds roasting chicken
- 1/4 cup Hellmann's or Best Foods Real Mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley (finely chopped)
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves (finely chopped)
- 1 teaspoon sage leaves (finely chopped fresh)
- 1 clove garlic (finely chopped)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°. From the lemon, grate enough peel to measure 1 teaspoon, then cut lemon in half.
- Season chicken, if desired, with salt and pepper. Combine Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise, parsley, thyme, sage, garlic, lemon peel, salt and pepper in small bowl. Spread 1/4 cup mayonnaise mixture under chicken skin, then spread remaining on outside of chicken. Place lemon halves in cavity.
- Arrange chicken breast side up in 13 x 9-inch roasting pan, with or without rack. Roast 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 375° and continue roasting 50 minutes or until meat thermometer inserted in thickest part of the thigh reaches 180°.