Roasted chicken is one of those dishes that every home cook needs to to master. It is a great recipe to have in your back pocket for everything from weeknight meals to a dinner party. This version features prosciutto and lemon for a bit of Italian inspiration. The leftovers can be cooked into a variety of dishes and simply add it to a salad for an extra bit of lean protein.
- 1 chicken (whole, without entrails)
- 1 lemon (as big as possible, cut in quarters)
- 1 lemon
- 8 slices prosciutto (finely chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- 1 teaspoon fines herbes (you can use oregano, thyme, and ground garlic)
- salt (as desired)
- pepper (as desired)
- 90 grams butter (melted at room temperature)
- 2 potatoes (sliced)
- 1 carrots (sliced)
- 1 broccoli (head, sliced)
- Preheat the oven at 220C and place the cooking tray you will cook the chicken on inside.
- Mix the butter, lemon zest, garlic, fine herbs, prosciutto, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl.
- Stuff the chicken with the cut lemon quarters.
- Carefully pour the butter mix all over the chicken, and also between the meat and skin.
- Place the chicken on the cooking tray that was in the oven, and let it cook for 20 minutes at 220C.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and place the sliced potatoes and carrots on the cooking tray.
- Place it back in the oven and let it cook for 20 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and place the broccoli on the cooking tray.
- Place it again in the oven and let it cook for 20 more minutes.
- Turn off the heat and let the chicken sit in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and place it on a different tray along with the vegetables. Let it cool off for 15 minutes before slicing it, and serve.
PER SERVING *
|Calories410Calories from Fat160|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat160|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.