Roasted Chestnuts and Rosemary RisottoMarmita
Bring the flavor and holiday spirit of roasted chestnuts to your dinner table with this recipe for Roasted Chestnuts and Rosemary Risotto. Cooked in a herb seasoned rosé wine sauce, this chestnut and rosemary risotto boasts rich nutty and herbal flavors. Stir in a bit of butter and plenty of parmesan before serving to make this risotto as creamy as possible. Balancing robust flavors with more mild ones, this Roasted Chestnuts and Rosemary Risotto will soon become a favorite.
- 4 servings
- 150 grams chestnuts
- 3 sprigs rosemary
- 1 liter water (with vegetable bouillon)
- pepper (pink)
- 1/2 onions
- 1 olive oil
- 1 garlic cloves
- 200 grams risotto rice
- 65 milliliters rosé wine
- 1 tablespoon butter (liquid)
- parmesan cheese (to taste)
- 1Place the chestnuts with a cut in the skin, in a ovenproof tray, and bake with a pinch of salt and the rosemary leaves.
- 2In a pan. heat the water with the vegetable broth, a few pink peppercorns, salt ,and a few sprigs of rosemary, until it boils. Remove from heat, and set the pan aside, covered.
- 3Peel the roasted chestnuts, and chop in the food processor with the onion.
- 4Do not grind the chestnuts completely.
- 5In another pan, heat some olive oil, and cook chopped garlic until golden.
- 6Add half of the prepared chestnuts and onion, and a drizzle of olive oil, if necessary.
- 7While stirring, add the rice.
- 8Saute a minute, and add the wine, letting the alcohol evaporate. Pour in a scoop of broth and stir. a bit.
- 9Let the water evaporate, and add another scoop of broth, and so on, until the rice is cooked and quite creamy.
- 10Halfway through, add the remaining chestnuts, stirring constantly.
- 11To make it even more creamy, add the butter at the end, and then the grated cheese.
- 12Serve immediately, adding a few more cheese slivers on each plate.
PER SERVING *
|Calories360Calories from Fat70|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat70|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.