A hearty and filling meal that comes together in under 30 minutes, you better believe it! This salad features roasted carrots, balsamic vinegar, goat cheese, and parsley for a flavor-packed dish. A bed of crisp and delicate lettuce is the perfect base to make this salad into a meal. If you want a little more sustenance, serve this salad with a grilled chicken breast or some sauteed shrimp for a bit of lean protein.
- 5 carrots
- 1/2 cup parsley leaves
- lettuce (sangria, cut into bite-sized pieces)
- 4 slices goat cheese (1/2 cm. thick)
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ground black pepper
- Peel the carrots, cut lengthwise, then cut again to 3-millimeter strips. Roast on a griddle until slightly burned, 3 minutes on one side and 3 minutes on the other.
- Separately, mix the lettuce and parsley.
- For the dressing, mix all the ingredients, including salt and pepper to taste.
- To plate, place the carrots over the lettuce and pour the dressing on top.
- Heat the goat cheese on the griddle, 1 minute on each side. Place over the carrots and serve.